Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chit Chat, The Hugh Downs Game of Conversation

Paid: 2 dollars
Insurance Value: about 17 dollars

When Celeste was reading the rules of the game, just above the personal letter from Mr. Downs on the underside of the lid, she was able to discern that this game sucks, badly.

I believe the man in the middle is Hugh Downs. Apparently he was a tv personality before I watched tv.

We don't think the ruler is a part of the game. Which made us think about the treasure we may find one day in one of these crappy games we pick up all the time.

3 comments:

BumbleBee, Ella, Warner, LeeBee,Banana,AL said...

Seriously, you don't know who Mr. Downs is? He and Ms. Walters were co-hosts on 20/20 on ABC for about 20 years.

Evan Bray said...

I do vaguely remember Barbara Walters saying his name on 20/20. Come to think of it I guess I know who he is. He sure looks pretty freaky in this picture, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

I got this game for a Christmas present when I was 12 or 13. Our family tried to play it a few times but it was just too damned complicated. I believe there are 12 pages of rules! I wonder if ANYONE has ever learned how to play this game except for Hugh Downs, who claimed in his personal letter that his family loved it.
Ed