Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Milk Can From the Grandview Dairy of Brooklyn, circa 1920ish

Paid: It's my grandma's, not mine. Though she has an extra she said I could have and I plan to take, eventually. I've had to resort to this because no one--less Che (kudos Che!)--entered our contest. We're going to extend it 'til the end of the year (we like to set our selves up for disappointment). So if you feel like sending us pictures of something you bought somewhere at some point and believe has some value, that would be great; provenance is a plus. We'll be picking up the slack starting this weekend, just in case.

Insurance value: 43-60 dollars
This one is from the Grandview Dairy of Brooklyn; the one Grandma said I can have is out of Long Island City.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I was small Grandview drivers were on strike so my father and I went to the
Grandview Dairy a few blocks from my house to get milk. I remember seeing those
cans. This was in the late 40's. Vinnie from Ridgewood