Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ronson Rondette Tablelighter 1934

Guest post brought to us courtesy of Che:

Paid: Ten bucks
Insurance value: 40-50 bucks

I'm guessing this is a Ronson Rondette Tablelighter as my research yielded no other Ronson lighter with a round body. If it is, then it at one time had two cylinders as seen in the example I found (see last photograph). I like most things art deco, and this is no exception. Love the black lacquer finish and wear on said finish also. You can tell this lighter has been loved over the years.

From Che:

"see, I read your blogs, here's my entry, picked it up in Massachusetts. Art deco lighter, Runs off fluid, zippo style."

"10 bucks, whenever I buy stuff from the old timers, I throw in extra, the price of admission."

Very generous of you Che, and you still made out. Nice work.






Image and text below courtesy of http://vintage-ronson.com/

Wonderful Art Deco table lighter with a central round body set upon two smaller cylindrical feet. Ronson named the Rondette and claimed it has a "Graceful and eye catching Round design". The lighter was offered in chrome plate with either Tortoise or Black enamel.

No comments: