Monday, July 21, 2008

One-pound scale, Type 42 made by the Exact Weight Scale Company of Columbus , OH

Dad paid: 20 dollars
Insurance value: 250 bucks

So we've been in the disabled list for a while. Celeste's appendix, Ella being born and requiring time to get her bearings, my back pains, there just hasn't been time or the physical fortitude to keep bringing you the best in estate sale treasure. But we will be back to serve you, gentle reader. We're probably going to be on the DL until late summer.

That said, here's a post courtesy of my Daddy-O.

"It's a one-pound scale, Type 42 made by the Exact Weight Scale Company of Columbus , OH. It has a state certified seal attached that it had been inspected and approved by the sate of California dated 1968. Asking price had been $30 at the yard sale, but I negotiated $20."
Good stuff, Daddy-O. Love the California State seal. The one I found online to gauge my insurance value had neither the seal nor the little placard above it.

That email gave me a great idea. I'm going to run a contest, from now until the first NFL football game of the '08 season. Please submit to me a photograph of something found an estate/yard/tag sale or auction-y event and I'll post the pics and hazard an appraisal. We'll pick our favorites through September and I'll send you a congratulatory email proclaiming you a certified Estate Saler if you win.

Please send all submissions to evan[dot]bray gmail.

No comments: