Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bakelite

Paid: We paid no more than 3 bucks, if that, for each of these pieces.
Insurance value: A lot more than what we paid.

There is a new movie, Savage Grace, that tells the story of the Baekelands who founded the Bakelite empire. It's supposed to be good. We have a little Bakelite cache of our own we've been picking up here and there.

A bottle and can opener.
I think this is my favorite. It's a ravioli cutter. The cutter is actually solid brass.

Cake knives, right?

A steak knife and a fish fillet knife.
Know what these are? I bet not. These are angel food cake knives.
I don't know what you call the fork thing with a thing that pushes the meat off and I think the other is a cocktail spoon or something. It's good for scraping mayo out of a big jar.

No comments: