Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Goods: March 8th, 2008

Rough week. After last weeks treasure, it was a bit disappointing. Rummaging through peoples junk they've accumulated their whole lives plus the realization that it's only worth what I con somebody to buy it from me for, I've developed a plan:

Every item I buy and like, but don't want to keep will be cataloged, priced and promptly given to the Salvation Army at which time I will collect a receipt, itemize the donation and deduct from my taxes. My reasoning goes that if I buy, say a crappy-but-cute M.A.S.H. vodka drip for ten bucks, find a price of 50 bucks on ebay for one with the original box and directions I claim a donation of about 25 bucks. Accountants feel free to comment on that strategy down below. I can even use this blog in the event of an audit, right?

Bakelite Stirrer: 50 cents but I paid a dollar for good karma
Insurance Value: I guess about 15-20 dollars
Salvation Army: No


M.A.S.H. Vodka Drip: 10 dollars
Insurance value: dollars
Salvation Army: Yes
If I had the box and directions, I could get 50 bucks on ebay






First stop was judge Rosenthal's house.


Led Zeppelin motherfucker!

No comments: